Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Gratitude

There are so many things in my life that I am beyond thankful for. This is a reminder of all the things that I have been blessed with over the past 26 years I have walked on this earth. First off, I want to say thank you for being alive. It's one of the best feelings to know that every day above ground is a good day. We all focus on the negative things that life throws at us but how often do we take the time to say thanks for what we have. I am thank for my awesome family. Without them, I wouldnt be half the person I am today. They love me, they support me, and sometimes they want to hang me but thats just a reminded that I am human and I do make mistakes. There have been many times when I know they have questioned my motives in life but I know they were 100% behind me even if it was something different than what they wanted. I carry around something called a gratitude rock with me where ever I go. I put this little rock in my pocket and every time I touch it, I have to give thanks for something, anything that pops in my head. It really does work, you start to pay attention to your thought process and what you are thinking about. Feeling greatful to be able to put gas in your own car makes you realize that yes, there are people out there who have no car. I know you have heard this saying before, but someone else does have it way worse than you. Call it selfish thinking, but I calling just being aware of who you are and what you have in life. I have alot of gratitude towards the few ex girlfriends that I have had along the way. They have come into life life and taught me what I need to fix about myself as a person and what I dont want in a spouse. I am thankful for the close group of best friends in my life. I dont have to list names because you know who you are. All of my close friends I have been friends with for more than 6 years. They know me inside and out as a person. They arent afraid to call me out on things I may be doing wrong. I am even gratefull for all the people I have come across in my life who have doubted me. Without the seed of doubt, I wouldnt of been able to push foward and take the less road traveled. People may look at me and ask what are you doing and they may not understand and thats okay. When people live their life with full of passion, they are afraid to say, think or feel. They are often very intune with what they are thinking..which then creates their feelings. I am grateful that I have been given the gift to be able to feel what I think. I allow myself to feel sad then I let the sadness go. I let myself feel angry then I let the anger in me go. Anger is like a double edge sword. It hurts both people in the end. I am grateful to be able to wake up in the morning with a cup of coffe and have the ocean basically in my backyard. Taking the time to watch the sunrise over the ocean really puts your own life into prespective. Youre life is really small, compared to what is out there. Next time you are feeling sorry for yourself, carry around a gratitude rock for a week and simply give your thanks, for anything, being alive, having a wonderful spouse, the food on the table, your job. When you start feeling thanful things in your own life will start to change and you will begin to see life in a different light. May the joy be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment