Sunday, December 19, 2010

loneliness

I often feel when I take a step forward in life I take two steps backwards sometimes. Life throws us curve balls when we least expect it. I have come to the realization that will happen to us in our lives is going to happen no matter what. We cant worry about loosing our jobs because it is going to happen sooner or later. Why worry about things we have no control over. We want to feel like all the hard work we have done is worth something but when you get the notice you no longer have a job, it makes you second guess everything you have worked for. You start to go into survival mode. When we get laid off of a job for something that wasnt an employees fault it makes it even more bitter sweet when youre time is up at the work place. No more working with the people you once knew. To me, looisng your job is like loosing a relationship. . I think sometimes we get too comfortable with our jos. We wake up and expect to see a paycheck in our bank account. We do the same thing over and over again. I am faced with a new challenge and a new adventure ahead of me.

I know I have been blessed with an overwhelming sense of empathy. I don't know if its just me being aware of what is going on, but I get it. I have been told time after time that I am the kind of person you feel like you have known just after meeting me. I want people to feel accepted becuase in my life I struggled with accepting myself. When you finally accept yourself for who you are, you become secure. You arent afraid of trying new things and you see things in a different light. It almost makes you feel like a different person when you reach the point of acceptance. Nothing really matters. You arent effected anymore by other people and you can no longer control what people think or want. I know everyone has a story and everyone wants to be heard. We go through life talking about what we want. We all want to feel loved and accepted. I occasionally meet people who have never been married and have no kids and I have to say, it makes them a little aloof. I'm sure you think the same thing also. I dont understand why people push away from intimacy when we sit here and beg for it all the time. Thats one thing I will never be able to wrap my head around. We all want to be intimate but the reality is many people dont know how to handle intimate situations or conversations. I think we have to just allow ourselves to be loved by another human being. I mean, deep down, who really wants to be alone? loneliness is probably one of the worst feelings to have especially around the holidays. We all are given a gift and that gift is life. We can do whatever we want with it and we can become whoever we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment