Sunday, October 3, 2010

Simple words connecting thought..

We all want to feel accepted on this journey we call life. Why is it that the opposite of acceptance is the word, rejection. Why is rejection such a bitter pill to swallow sometimes for so many people. No body wants to feel rejected, it goes back to the whole "everybody wants to feel accepted mindset" I believe that we all need to face rejection every once in a while. When we are rejected from a well paying job or a relationship it knocks us down a notch, after all we aren't invisible are we? True colors shine through when we are rejected. Maybe after all we arent as perfect as we thought we were. Maybe were not as confident as we thought, or just maybe..were not as attractive as we thought. The wonderful thing with rejection is we have the ablity to turn it into a positive situation. No body likes to suffer, atleast I havent met someone that enjoys suffering. Once we are knocked down a notch we can now focus on what we need to change about ourselves. Personal growth always happens when we are at our darkest hour. We can do two things with being rejected. We can accept the fact that we are humans and work on chaning ourselves or we can sit and wallow in the self doubt of "im never good enough belief. The hell with the laddder of the two. The thing is we are good enough. When we do have a sense of rejection its at that time when we have to look ourselves in the mirror and ask ourselves what the hell is going on with myself. I dont know about you but I am a focused person. I have goals and with those goals I get what I set forward to achieve. If I want something I will find a way to get what I want but sometimes the there is nothing else we can do but face the reality of being rejected. The good old saying is the truth "what wont kill you will only make you stronger"Amen, even though I thought my life was ending, I am alive and taking breath after breath. When was the last time you were rejected? How did you handle it? did you believe you werent good enough or do you have faith in yourself to dust yourself off and keep on going..

1 comment:

  1. The last time I was reject was in June...the guy that I thought was molded just for me left so abruptly...it seemed so easy for him, which seemed so hard to comprehend because he seemed like he was feeling the same way just the day before my world fell apart. I couldn't help but look in the mirror and wonder if I would ever find someone like him again; and if I did, would I be good enough.

    It was hard, and, to be honest, it still is, but I'd to think that I'm in the process of dusting myself off (it's not that easy sometimes) and trying to make sense of the world again. One day at a time...

    ReplyDelete